Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Grateful in Northern California

Today’s posting is dedicated to our friend and customer Darrell at Greenleaf Oklahoma.  Darrell was named Mr. Flower Oklahoma or some such honor at this year’s OK State Convention.  I wonder if the voters would have changed their minds if they knew Darrell was a bit of a deadhead? 



Don’t tell his boss, but for me, its part of his charm.  Because I am of a certain age and I live in Northern California, I have to go to at least one “Dead” show a year to see my friends.  

This past weekend, I saw “Further” at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley.  “Further” is the remains of the Grateful Dead with Bobby Weir and Phil Lesh.  John Kadlecik plays the role of Jerry.  Here you go Darrell, this was the playlist from Saturday.

Sat. Sept. 28, 2013 - Greek Theatre, U.C. Berkeley, CA    
 
The Music Never Stopped...Loser...Loose Lucy...Candyman...Big River     
Mission In the Rain...Bird Song...Passenger...Lost Sailor...St. of Circumstance
                               

Tennessee Jed...Box of Rain...Dark Star...Dear Mr. Fantasy...Jeff - grand piano solo  
Days Between...Shakedown Street...Not Fade Away
Encore: One More Saturday Night

                  

Since I’m not really a deadhead, I like the songs I can sing, “Box of Rain” and “Not Fade Away” were my favorites.  Yes, everyone has a prescription that smells a little skunky and there was a lot of twirling being done by young and not so young ladies, but by and large the crowd was peaceful and happy. 

A beautiful moon, lovely stars and a balmy September night in Northern California, add an old, favorite, local band and you can see why we love to live and grow flowers here.  Maybe we “can get a miracle” and have Mr. Flower Oklahoma join me one year.

RHK

No comments:

Post a Comment