2014 Kitayama Brothers Open House
we are part of the
Monterey Bay Greenhouse Growers Open House Event
Saturday, June 21 – 10am to 4pm
· We like this event because it gives us a chance to open our doors to the public and share with people what we do. The Watsonville location has been here since 1970.
· KB has been a family owned and operated company since 1948, that’s 66 years! There will be family members, shareholders and some employees helping out.
· “The Company” as we all refer to it, was started by 4 brothers: Tom, Ted, Ray and Kee Kitayama, and was started in the San Francisco Bay Area in Union City. We also had locations in Brighton, Colorado and Watsonville, California. Watsonville is the only location still in operation.
· Proceeds from all sales go to support “Friends of the Santa Cruz State Parks.” As the state struggles economically, we think it is important to keep our local parks open and safe.
Tour KB Greenhouses (Inside Look – Highlights)
· Seeding area and Germination
· Rotation and Sterilization
· Lisianthus: aka Texas Bluebell
· Gerbera Daisies: aka: Transvaal Daisy (South Africa)
~ Dave Kitayama