Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Out and About: Observations


JOHN DONATI OF OCEAN VIEW FLOWERS
A few weeks ago, I was in San Francisco where Ocean View Flowers was featured at a Safeway Grand Re-opening of their Market Street store.  I was impressed with the fact that Safeway was letting a flower brand be featured.  I also loved the promotion of the California Grower. 



DOLORES HYDRANGEAS
It is amazing where some of the best flowers come from.  A week back, I went to visit one of our hydrangea growers to see where her beautiful hydrangeas are grown.  We can’t tell you the location, but it is an amazing crop of hydrangeas that are grown under a canopy of oak trees.  I wouldn’t call it high tech, but I would put these against any other producer.



AMERICAN GIRL DOLL STORE
Something that blew my mind while I was out and about was the new American Girl Doll Store at the Stanford Shopping Center.  Stanford Shopping Center probably has some of the most expensive mall space in the USA.  When I first saw the store going up I thought, “This is crazy, how can they afford a 2-story 10,000 sq ft. store for dolls?” As you can see in the picture, I apparently don’t know what is popular.   We need to understand how to get more American Girls crazy about flowers along with their dolls.



SUNRISE ON SAN ANDREAS ROAD
Everyone in the flower business gets up early.  Whether you are going to the flower market, opening your store for business or in my case heading for the farm, a nice sunrise helps start the day.  

This is a common morning at the entrance to KB.  



 RHK


No comments:

Post a Comment